Visiting Machu Picchu. Need suggestions!

I’m going to visit Peru by June, and Machu Picchu is part of my itinerary. This place is very ancient and I love discovering new things, especially when it talks about a country’s historical site. Aside from that I’m also taking part of the singles latin tour in Peru, plus a free tour in the country’s featured destinations. Now I need suggestions on the possible activities I can enjoy in the place. Please do tell me some Machu Picchu actions I can do while also enjoying my stay in Peru. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi. We returned from the Empire of the Incas tour this past November. While we did no extra activities we do have one piece of advice. Bring lots of pills to deal with the height. We just brought 5 days which was supposed to let us acclimate. But while you will land in Cuzco which is very high, you will immediately descend to the Sacred Valley, which is lower. After the Sacred Valley, you will go back to Cuzco and then go even higher. The height proved very difficult for most of us. Bring lots of pills.