June 5 trip

My wife (Lisa) and I (Fred) have arranged for private tours at the beginning and end of the trip. We'd love to have one or two other couples or singles join us (total of four extra people for each tour). In both cases we have booked our tours through ToursbyLocals (toursnylocals.com). Here is some information:

(1) On June 5 we have booked a 5-hour Jewish Heritage tour with the tour guide Olga G. We will visit the Synagogue and Holocaust museum, other sites in town, and then drive to Ponary (Paneriai), the site of the tragic mass murder. The total cost is $250 and can be shared equally by those participating. We will return to our hotel before we need to meet the whole group for dinner.

(2) On June 18, we have booked a 7-8 hour tour called "Traditional Russian crafts of the Moscow region. Fedoskino Lacquer Miniature Painting & Zhostovo trays." The tour is given by guide Irina C. We will drive to Fedoskino village, famous for lacquer miniature paintings and lacquer boxes made of papier-mache, and visit that factory and do several other things. You can read more about the tour on the ToursbyLocals website under the guide's name. The total cost of the tour is $350, and it can be shared equally among all those participating. (Beyond my wife and me, additional people will be charged admission to the museums and factories that are visited.)

Comments

• Hi. My wife (Barbara) and I (Marvin) would like to join you on the June 5 tour.
  • My grandson, Nick (18),and I will be traveling on Island Princess on the June 5 tour with Tauck. Anyone else in that age group traveling at that time??
  • Re; MarvinF
    Hi Marvin and Barbara: Sounds great. Will you be around the hotel the evening of June 4, so perhaps we can meet?
  • Hi Fred and Lisa: We're supposed to get to the hotel late afternoon on June 4th, so we're not sure what shape we'll be in. But let's try to meet.
  • fgold wrote:
    My wife (Lisa) and I (Fred) have arranged for private tours at the beginning and end of the trip. We'd love to have one or two other couples or singles join us (total of four extra people for each tour). In both cases we have booked our tours through ToursbyLocals (toursnylocals.com). Here is some information:

(1) On June 5 we have booked a 5-hour Jewish Heritage tour with the tour guide Olga G. We will visit the Synagogue and Holocaust museum, other sites in town, and then drive to Ponary (Paneriai), the site of the tragic mass murder. The total cost is $250 and can be shared equally by those participating. We will return to our hotel before we need to meet the whole group for dinner.

(2) On June 18, we have booked a 7-8 hour tour called "Traditional Russian crafts of the Moscow region. Fedoskino Lacquer Miniature Painting & Zhostovo trays." The tour is given by guide Irina C. We will drive to Fedoskino village, famous for lacquer miniature paintings and lacquer boxes made of papier-mache, and visit that factory and do several other things. You can read more about the tour on the ToursbyLocals website under the guide's name. The total cost of the tour is $350, and it can be shared equally among all those participating. (Beyond my wife and me, additional people will be charged admission to the museums and factories that are visited.)
    Hi
    We too are going to Russia but not on your date. Do you have an email address for Olga G.? This add on sounds great.
    Thank you
    MG
  • edited July 2019

How to book train tickets in Russia? What do you think about this service russian train tickets it's profitable?

• I'd be wary clicking on the above link. Flagged.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file