(January 7, 2020) We continue to monitor the bushfires in Australia closely, we are in frequent communication with our Tauck Directors currently in Australia, and we are consulting with our network of supplier-partners across the country. As always, the health and wellbeing of our guests are our highest priorities.
For guests on our “Grand Australia & New Zealand” tour and our “Cruising Down Under” small ship cruise:
- Although the bushfires are severe in some locations, Australia is a country of more than 2.9 million square miles, and many areas are not impacted at all.
- Tauck has been operating tours in Australia for the past several weeks (including two tours currently underway), with zero deviations to our itineraries. (Some of our groups have encountered smoke from distant fires on one or more days, and that has been the extent of the impacts we’ve experienced.)
- We recognize that traveling Down Under is the trip of a lifetime for many of our guests, and we plan to operate all of our upcoming departures as scheduled.
- Local conditions are subject to change, however, and we are continuing to monitor conditions in the areas where we travel.
- In the unlikely event of any changes to our planned itinerary, we will advise all guests of those changes promptly.
- All normal cancellation policies remain in effect.
For guests on our “Australia Adventure: Kangaroo Island, Tasmania & Sydney” tour:
- Kangaroo Island off the coast of Australia has experienced some of the most severe bushfires, and our featured hotel on the island for Nights 4-6, the Southern Ocean Lodge, has been damaged by those fires.
- We are currently investigating other lodging and activity options in the area, and we look forward to sharing additional information in the coming days.